DIY Yoga Mat Spray
Gentle and effective antimicrobial yoga mat cleaner suitable for any yoga mat
- Organic Alcohol Free Organic Witch Hazel Thayer's, scented or unscented is fine
- Distilled Water
- Organic White Vinegar
- Organic Cleansing Essential Oil Like Tea Tree or Eucalyptus
- Organic Aromatherapy Essential Oil Like Lavender, Geranium, or any scent you love. Avoid citrus.
Make sure your glass spray bottle has been cleaned and dried.
Fill spray bottle half way with alcohol free organic witch hazel.
Add 4 oz (or a quarter) of organic white vinegar.
Add 4 oz (or a quarter) of distilled water.
Add 5 drops of your organic cleansing essential Oil of choice
Add 10 drops of your organic aromatherapy essential oil of choice
Screw the spray nozzle cap onto the bottle and shake vigorously to incorporate all of the ingredients.
How to Use:
After using your yoga mat, spray the solution evenly over the mat
Wipe with a soft cloth.
Allow your mat to dry fully before rolling and storing.
- This solution is antimicrobial & antifungal.
- Avoid using essential oils from the citrus family because they are too acidic and can damage the top layer of your mat.
- Use distilled water so that mineral deposits and residues aren't left behind on your mat.
- Keep the solution stored in an amber or cobalt glass bottle away from sunlight and heat to maintain the integrity of the essential oils.
- Avoid storing this solution in plastic in order to prevent chemical leaching.