These one-pan coconut noodles are so satisfying and delicious!
Soft noodles, crispy tofu and crunchy red peppers in a rich coconut sauce.
This meal is all made in one pan which is such a win!
I am always looking for quick and convenient recipes and this one-pan coconut noodles recipe ticks all the boxes. It is fancy enough to make for guests but also super simple and could easily fit into your weekly routine.
Tofu and onions are pan fried. This provides a nice crisp and lends a wonderful flavour to the dish. You then add your peppers and spinach for colour and vitamins. The noodles are later added along with a delicious coconut sauce.
Cooked in the coconut milk, the noodles absorb the essence of the recipe and makes this One-pan Coconut Noodle dish so flavoursome. You can use any noodles you want in this recipe. I love flat rice noodles for their texture and the way they cling to the sauce.
The tofu in this recipe ramps up the protein content making it a great post-workout meal. The coconut milk ads some healthy fats, and the noodles give you plenty of carbs to fuel your recovery.
If you want to add in some more protein, stir in a spoonful of peanut butter with the coconut milk, to make a satay sauce or top with some toasted nuts.
Often overlooked, stir-fries are such a great meal!
You can make such a wonderfully balanced meal. They are great for using up whatever veggies you have in your fridge and always taste amazing.
For example, in this recipe, you could add in some spiralised carrot and courgette in place of some of the noodles or just throw in some frozen vegetables if you don’t have fresh ones to hand. If tofu isn’t your thing then swap for your favourite protein source. Quorn pieces would be delicious as would some tempeh or even chickpeas.
Once you have made this dish a couple of times you can shake up the flavours by adding in some Thai curry paste or sriracha for a spicy twist.
One-Pan Coconut Noodles
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 block Firm Tofu Dried, Cubbed
- 1 Red Onion Sliced
- 1 Red Chilli Chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves Chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger Grated
- 1 Red Pepper Sliced
- 2 handfuls Spinach
- 10 oz Vegetable Stock
- 10 oz Coconut Milk
- 1 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 package Flat Rice Noodles
- 2 Green Onions Sliced
- In a large saucepan heat sesame oil on high heat.
- Add the tofu, onion, and chili with a pinch of salt and pepper. Sautee for 5 minutes until the tofu is crispy.
- Add garlic, ginger, spinach, and red pepper. Cook for a 2 minutes.
- Lower heat to medium. Add stock, coconut milk, soy sauce and vinegar along with the noodles.
- Keep stirring the noodles until they soften and are submerged in the sauce.
- Simmer for 7-10 minutes or until the noodles are fully cooked.
- Serve with green onions as a garnish.
If you enjoyed this recipe from Kat, explore her website Kelham Island Kitchen for more of her delicious recipes.